Our Company History
Ghana Rubber Estates Limited (GREL) started as a small private plantation established by R. T. Briscoe in 1957 at Dixcove with a plantation size of 923 hectares. The plantation was nationalized into Agricultural Development Corporation (ADC) in 1960 and later, State Farms Corporation in 1962. At that time, the rubber plantation had expanded to 36,390 hectares in Dixcove, Abura and Subri. The Ghana Government, in 1967,established a joint venture company with Firestone Tyre Company of USA to take over the rubber plantation. This joint venture company was Ghana Rubber Estates Limited (GREL). By then, the plantation had expanded to 39,390 hectares... Read More
GREL Featured in Africa Outlook Magazine
Ghana Rubber Estates Limited (GREL) prides itself on its position as a truly Ghanaian company, fully embedded into the local community. Managing Director Lionel Barre has brought his extensive history in the natural rubber and agri-business sector in order to … Read More
GREL is ISO 9001:2008 Certified
In today’s global economy, barriers of trade have been removed. Companies/organisations therefore have increased their level of performance in order to survive today’s aggressive environment.
In order to stay competitive, GREL must apply effective and efficient plans…Read More
“GREL Is On Top Of Environmental Sustainability”
On Tuesday, December 3, 2013, the Okyenhene, Osagyefo Amoatia Ofori Panin, the Omanhene of Akyem-Abuakwa traditional area, his sub chiefs and elders honoured GREL with a visit to familiarize themselves with the operations of GREL. Their visit took them to parts of the Division One plantation, the processing factory and the Rubber Outgrower plantation unit… Read More
“To become a major actor in the sector of natural rubber in (West) Africa, a high performing company of choice in Ghana”
- Produce and process high quality granulated and crumb rubber for international markets towards sustainable growth.
- Develop, support and empower rubber out-growers (small holder farmers) in the most cost effective manner.
- Protect the environment by generating minimum waste, disposed off, in accordance with national/applicable regulations and championing Health & Safety at the workplace.
- Discharge our social responsibilities to staff and the communities in a proactive manner.
- QUALITY: Quality is everybody’s business. Employment of qualified personnel, purchasing of right materials, provision of services at the right time, production of good products, all at the first instance.
- INNOVATION & TEAMWORK: Innovation- Introduction of new ideas; Teamwork- Individuals, units, sections and departments recognise that, we are all working towards achievement of organisational objective.
- INTEGRITY: All staff adhere to code of moral ethics, and
- RESPECT FOR ALL STAKEHOLDERS: Everybody i.e. workers, customers, clients, communities, shareholders is important in the achievement of organisational objective. Let us respect one another.
GREL owes its existence to our Customers, and we strive constantly to:
- Produce high granulated and crumb rubber, meeting the expectations/needs of our customers.
- Preserve the environment and conform to all applicable statutory/regulatory requirements.
- Respect all our stakeholders (Employees/Communities/Shareholders) and any interested party.
- Communicate/drive organisational goals & strategies.
- Promote quality objectives/innovation and pilot/corrective actions to boost performance.
Total land concession – 20,280 ha
Total plantable area – 17,171 ha
Total planted area – 13,283 ha
Total surface under tapping – 8,657 ha
Total surface immature – 4,626 ha