Our Company History
Ghana Rubber Estates Limited (GREL) started as a small private plantation established by R. T. Briscoe in 1957 at Dixcove with a plantation size of 923 hectares. The plantation was nationalized into Agricultural Development Corporation (ADC) in 1960 and later, State Farms Corporation in 1962. At that time, the rubber plantation had expanded to 36,390 hectares in Dixcove, Abura and Subri. The Ghana Government, in 1967,established a joint venture company with Firestone Tyre Company of USA to take over the rubber plantation. This joint venture company was Ghana Rubber Estates Limited (GREL). By then, the plantation had expanded to 39,390 hectares... Read More
“RUBBER IS LIFE”…says Amadin
The Corporate Affairs Manager of Rubber Estates Nigeria Limited (RENL), Mr. Gabriel Amadin, has said that “rubber is life and oil is not the future for us.” Expressing his gratitude to Chiefs during the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of ACLANGO on January 25, 2014… Read More
Dilemma Of A Potential Outgrower
This rubber business is destroying our land. I heard people saying that after the productive years of the tree the land cannot be used for anything. This is not true: when the rubber trees are felled after the production period, the land can still be used for any agricultural purposes. The major reason is that rubber is a deciduous tree…Read More
“GREL Is On Top Of Environmental Sustainability”
On Tuesday, December 3, 2013, the Okyenhene, Osagyefo Amoatia Ofori Panin, the Omanhene of Akyem-Abuakwa traditional area, his sub chiefs and elders honoured GREL with a visit to familiarize themselves with the operations of GREL. Their visit took them to parts of the Division One plantation, the processing factory and the Rubber Outgrower plantation unit… Read More
Model of excellence for the natural rubber industry in West Africa, the high performing company of choice in Ghana.
- Develop industrial rubber plantation with the highest yields.
- Promote Out grower plantations and provide technical assistance to guarantee farmers with high yields and low production costs
- Process high quality Natural Rubber for the domestic and International markets
- Protect the environment through re-afforestation and effective recycling of waste generated from our processes
- Discharge our social responsibilities to the communities and other stakeholders in a proactive manner
- Produce crumb rubber according to specifications while respecting the environment.
- Ensure that all employees are sufficiently trained and equipped to fulfil the requirements of the quality policy, procedures, and quality objectives, and the health and safety charter.
- Engage all our contractors and suppliers in the attainment of set quality objectives through a continual improvement in the management of resources and methods, and
- Conduct periodic management reviews of the quality management system towards continually improving its effectiveness and compliance to the standard.
- Integrity, and
- Respect for all stakeholders
Total land concession – 20,280 ha
Total plantable area – 17,171 ha
Total planted area – 13,283 ha
Total surface under tapping – 8,657 ha
Total surface immature – 4,626 ha