Our Company History
Ghana Rubber Estates Limited (GREL) started as a small private plantation established by R. T. Briscoe in 1957 at Dixcove with a plantation size of 923 hectares. The plantation was nationalized into Agricultural Development Corporation (ADC) in 1960 and later, State Farms Corporation in 1962. At that time, the rubber plantation had expanded to 36,390 hectares in Dixcove, Abura and Subri. The Ghana Government, in 1967,established a joint venture company with Firestone Tyre Company of USA to take over the rubber plantation. This joint venture company was Ghana Rubber Estates Limited (GREL). By then, the plantation had expanded to 39,390 hectares. Read More
Expansion of Factory Capacity
Our processing factory established in 1995 with a three- tonne per hour capacity has taken delivery and completed the installation of a new processing machine called KAM KIT. This machine is a complete rubber processing package made up of shredders … Read More
GREL has since July this year established and been operating a Community-based Health Planning and Service (CHPS) compound in the A ‘Lang community and its environs in its Division One plantation. This is aside the Clinic at ABURA.Read More
Our new office
We are excited to announce that our head office team has moved to a new building albeit on the same premises. The old office served us well, and we have great memories there, but we couldn’t be more excited about our new space. Read More
Model of excellence for the natural rubber industry in West Africa, the high performing company of choice in Ghana.
- Develop industrial rubber plantation with the highest yields.
- Promote Out grower plantations and provide technical assistance to guarantee farmers with high yields and low production costs
- Process high quality Natural Rubber for the domestic and International markets
- Protect the environment through re-afforestation and effective recycling of waste generated from our processes
- Discharge our social responsibilities to the communities and other stakeholders in a proactive manner
- Produce crumb rubber according to specifications while respecting the environment.
- Ensure that all employees are sufficiently trained and equipped to fulfil the requirements of the quality policy, procedures, and quality objectives, and the health and safety charter.
- Engage all our contractors and suppliers in the attainment of set quality objectives through a continual improvement in the management of resources and methods, and
- Conduct periodic management reviews of the quality management system towards continually improving its effectiveness and compliance to the standard.
- Integrity, and
- Respect for all stakeholders
Total Land concession – 17,187.92 hectares
Total planted area - 13,377 hectares
Total surface under tapping – 9,034 hectares